New the Yoga Loft?
Yoga practice begins with your heartfelt intention to attend class. The following considerations will ensure a fruitful, harmonious practice:
- Wear simple clothing—comfortable, and flexible.
- Hydrate and eat lightly or not at all for several hours before practice.
- Avoid wearing scents to class; refrain from smoking for half an hour before class.
- Enter the studio mindfully
- Open the door gently but resolutely
- Climb the stairs softly
- Remove your shoes and store belongings neatly. (Please, no shoes on the studio floor.)
- Place your mat reverently and respectfully on the floor. (Mats are available for occasional use; Please clean borrowed mat after class with the spray bottle and towel provided.)
Let the instructor know about injuries or concerns before class starts.
Help yourself to props—blankets, blocks, straps, sandbags and eye pillows—as needed to aid your practice. (Return props after class to their appropriate storage places. Please heed posted guidelines for blanket storage.)
Latecomers are welcome. We understand obstacles may get in the way of a timely arrival to class. However, if you are late, please make your entry as quiet and mindful as possible.
Please make sure you sign-in for each class.
Traditional India Salutation
“the light in my heart honors the light in yours”